This is the Pretentious Record Store Guy website.
Fancy meeting you here. Do you come here often? If so, you'll know that this is all sort of new. Well, it's old hat, really, but it's new to you so there you go. Try not to get too excited, okay?
This is the Pretentious Record Store Guy Kickstarter Video
There is currently a Kickstarter Campaign that is in full swing to help collect the three issues of Pretentious Record Store Guy into a larger book. Please watch the video and contribute to the cause. You'll be the envy of all your friends and the bane of your frenemies when they discover your newly found Indie Comic Book cred.
These are the Pretentious Record Store Guy Comics
To read the comic about the adventures of a record store clerk who has forgotten more about music than you'll ever know from the start of the beginning, simply click on each issue and you will carried away to a dark corner of the internet where you can make a purchase.
Relax. You've done this before.
Pretentious Record Store Blog
Provided courtesy of:
This blog is for all Pretentious Record Store Guy fans, hipsters and music snobs; if you have to ask, then you don't know.
- Spirits of St. Louis Debuts September 18th at Project Comic-Con
- Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:00:23 +0000 - This Saturday and Sunday, September 18th and 19th, will be the Project Comic-Con convention in Maryland Heights, Missouri. I will be there in full effect with the Ink and Drink Comics crew promoting our first release, Spirits of St. Louis, an anthology of horror tales by Indie comic artists. Come by the con [...]
- Riverfront Times Pretenious Interview with Me
- Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:00:23 +0000 - Recently I was interviewed by the Riverfront Times about Pretentious Record Store Guy, music, comics, vinyl life and art. Good times if you’re into that sort of thing.
Read it here: http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/07/carlos_ruiz_pretentious_record_store_guy_comic_red_rocket_7_st_louis.php
“If I had to choose a rapper, my favorite MC would be me.”
- A Tribe Called Quest
- Eddie Argos Gets the Pretentious Treatment
- Tue, 13 Jul 2010 05:01:52 +0000 - Eddie Argos is one of my favorite singer and songwriters working today with his work for Art Brut and Everyone Was in the French Resistance Now. And he also does a column about comics for Playback magazine. What’s not to love, right?
So when I was asked to come up an illustration for his [...]